|Home »» Marketing Coordinator Job Description
Marketing Coordinator Job Description
A Marketing Coordinator works in the marketing department of medium and big organizations. They help marketing managers and marketing executives with various administrative and support jobs. It is their responsibility to manage marketing processes under the guidance of senior marketing executives or managers. Though they are not involved in marketing directly their contribution towards achieving the marketing goals and targets are very crucial. A Marketing Coordinator works in close contact with sales, product developments and customer services departments. They ensure that marketing communications, collaterals and white papers carry the true messages and help towards achieving marketing goals.
While marketing managers and executives keep their efforts at increasing sales and getting more customers marketing coordinators help them with essential tasks that would consume a lot of marketing executive’s time and energy. A Marketing Coordinator may have to:
1) Prepare product descriptions, brochures, rate charts, new letters and related marketing documents to aid sales.
2) Ensure that marketing materials are ready when the executives go on sales calls and demonstrations.
3) Give demonstration of products and explain prospects about different features of the product.
4) Make sure that ordered products are delivered to customers in time.
5) Conduct marketing events, campaigns, shows and promotions.
6) Work strictly under the guidance of the marketing manager or assistant manager.
7) Communicate with various departments and outside organizations. A Marketing Coordinator provides precise information to them whenever required.
8) Research and generate leads for marketing professionals to follow up.
9) Evaluate the effect of campaigns and trade shows.
10) Maintain contact lists of media houses for placing advertisements.
Knowledge and Skills:
1) Top notch communication skills.
2) Excellent demonstration skills. Good at giving training to new recruits and explain about company marketing policies and product descriptions.
3) A Marketing Coordinator should have good people skills as they will always be working in teams. They should be able to handle teams well.
Educational Qualification and Experiences:
1) A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, organizational development or economics is essential. An MBA degree in marketing is highly preferred.
2) Marketing coordinators can enrich their careers through various certification and training programs. Each state has marketing associations. The American Marketing Association (AMA) regularly provides programs to enhance skills in the field of marketing.
Salaries and Benefits:
1) According to Payscale.com marketing coordinators earn salaries in the range of $32,268-$44,801 per annum.
2) They get benefits as per their organization rules.