|Home »» Marketing Manager Job Description
Marketing Manager Job Description
A Marketing Manager develops, establishes and maintains marketing strategies to meet the goals of a company. They supervise the effective management of all activities related to marketing and advertising. A Marketing Manager is the link between the customer and the company, meeting the customerís needs on the one hand and meeting the objectives of the company on the other.
If you have a drive for selling and enjoy research and developing, interacting with the media and handling all advertising related functions, then the position of a Marketing Manager is the right one for you. The following are the duties of a Marketing Manager.
1) Identify and determine a market for the Companyís products.
2) Conduct marketing research to analyze market requirements for current and future products.
3) Develop communication and positive relationships with media partners and advertising agencies.
4) Analyze market conditions, customer research and competitors in the field.
5) Establish and implement marketing strategies and projects to promote and market existing and future products.
6) Establish and manage a marketing budget.
7) Deliver marketing activities within the budget and on time.
8) Coordinate with staff for all advertising, marketing and promotional activities.
9) Supervise, monitor and review all marketing activities.
10) Plan and establish strategies on pricing.
11) Prepare marketing reports and results
Knowledge and Skills:
1) Should possess problem analysis and problem solving skills.
2) Should be able to think creatively and come up with innovative marketing ideas.
3) The skill of persuasiveness is very essential.
4) Knowledge of relevant product and industry.
5) Budgeting skills and practices.
6) Understand market conditions and advertising strategies.
7) Knowledge of relevant software applications.
8) Presentation skills.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
1) A degree in business management or a marketing related degree.
2) Minimum 3 years experience of having worked in the position of Marketing Executive or Marketing Assistant.
3) Experience of Work placements, volunteering, vacation work, etc are also considered.
4) Experience in market research and customer analysis.
5) Experience in technical marketing skills and all aspects of marketing strategies.
6) Good rapport with all media and advertising agencies.
Salary and Benefits:
1) Marketing Manager Salaries are between $44,234 and $76,662 including bonus, commission and profit sharing percentage.
2) Additional benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, company car, annual incentives and variable incentives.
3) Some companies offer profit sharing schemes based on their policies.
4) Membership to a gym and social clubs.
5) Paid vacation.